Friday, July 31, 2009

BORN AGAIN....AGAIN

We were standing on the side of a mountain overlooking the beautiful city of Antigua in Guatemala. Our interpretors pointed out a volcano. Rachel pulled out her camera and just as she was about to snap the picture, something appeared in her viewfinder. "What is that?" she wondered. Come to find out, she caught the beginning of a small eruption, that plume of smoke at the top.
.
People ask me, "How was your trip?" I find myself at a loss for words. "Great...hard...life changing...beautiful...incredible...." How do I explain what I cannot fully grasp myself?
.
I think Rachel's photo reflects how I am feeling. On the outside, everything appears calm and peaceful. But since our trip, there is this burning, churning passion and unrest. I am not sure where God is leading and what He is calling me/us to. I just know that I am not the same. It is like I have been "born again....again". There are faces that God has seared into the very center of my heart. All of our hearts. I fiercely love the owners of those faces. They flash through my mind. Sometimes, I cry remembering. Sometimes, I laugh. Sometimes, I just have to be silent. Always, I pray.
.
I don't know what is next on God's agenda for us. But lyrics of Switchfoots, "New Way to Be Human" also illustrate my heartbeat....there's something new...something I have never been...something spreading under my skin....
.

There's a new way to be human
Something we've never been
There's a new way to be human
IT'S SPREADING UNDER MY SKIN!!!!

5 comments:

  1. My heart is breaking for these children as I have just read the whole blog. I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for this post, Kathy. I read up on your Guatemala trip. You will never be the same, exactly what you wrote in your first entry for this blog.

    I do know that God brings us up to the next level when we make ourselves available, when we are willing to go out of our comfort zones.

    Brace yourself for what's ahead... how beautifully you phrase it, a new way to be human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be born again...again. I can't imagine any greater joy. You write so beautifully, your experience has really truly touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May we never be the same again! May our hearts be moved everyday a little closer to Him.

    ReplyDelete